Drink Craft Beer! Drink Responsibly!
It’s no surprise that the 4th of July, or Independence Day as it is also called is one of the biggest drinking days of the year. After all, beer and “The 4th” go together like BBQ & The 4th, sunshine and the 4th, and fireworks and the 4th! In fact, the only other days that American’s consume more tasty ales is on New Years Eve and Christmas. While it is encouraged to grab your favorite craft brew and sit back with friends and family and watch some cool fireworks, it must be said that drinking responsibly should be practiced.
5 Tips to Drinking Responsibly:
1. Drink slowly and be sure to knock back a few bottles of water. Drinking slowly should not be an issue if you are consuming a good craft beer. This is not fizzy yellow piss you’re consuming, so take it slow and soak up those flavors.
2. If you’re wandering away from the comforts of your own home, DON’T NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT DRIVING! As a precaution to driving while impaired, take a taxi or an Uber to your end destination. That way, if you do consume too much, you’re horrible judgment cannot put you behind the wheel of a vehicle. DUI is the least of your concerns if you choose to drive after a day of consumption. Think about the lives of others that you may effect.
3. Do not leave your drink unattended. Unfortunately we are living in a day and age when there’s people that prey on others. After a couple of drinks, you may not have the focus as you did at the beginning of the day, so be cautious about where you leave your drink.
4. Eat. It’s important to fill the belly with some good grub. It’s the 4th of July, so there should not be a shortage of food laying around. Eat. Drink some water. Sip your beer. Repeat.
5. Purchase lower alcohol beer. If you’re an IPA drinker, there’s good news for you; Session IPA’s are becoming more and more popular so you’re not just stuck with consuming a 8.5% brew. The same can be said about Stouts; look for those low 4-5% brews.
More responsible drinking tips=> HINTS FOR SENSIBLE, MODERATE, AND RESPONSIBLE ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION AND PARTY HOSTING
It’s America’s birthday this weekend, so let’s celebrate! Just be sure that when you are consuming, there’s a right way and a wrong way. Please drink responsibly.
Enjoy the weekend!